Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wedding Diaries-The Planning & Behind the Scenes Dillemas






So for whatever reason, I realized I hardly blogged during my wedding planning at all. Well, I know some of the reasons. I was extremely busy planning. If planning your wedding was easy, you are one lucky lady. Mine however was far from easy. 

But since my persistent mother suggested that I delete my wedding planning board on Pinterest as to not give away my ideas, and since I deleted my wedding Pinterest boards after the wedding, I thought I would share some of the ideas I loved that I managed to save to my computer. 


So at last, here as some of my favorite finds my Pinterest during my wedding planning days. Oh, how I do not miss them. I can now cross wedding planning off the list of things I might want to be when I grow up. ;)



We did end up doing the signature photo frame, but I nixed the wishing tree because we had enough for people to sign.
I used this photo to have my florist create my bouquet.

What my bouquet turned out like. I was pretty happy with it. 


I had originally wanted to use these adorable bags and throw bird seed, but as I suspected the church preferred not to have bird poop left all over their entrance way.

So we opted for good ole bubbles for our exit from the church. 



I had originally wanted to do an outdoor wedding  and make some kind of amazing outdoor alter like this one.
But then I remembered that we live in Ohio and chances of rain are high. 
 The day of our wedding there was a 0% chance of rain, and Ohio's reputation of crappy rainy weather didn't let me down. It rained. Oh, let me take this time to tell you that if you are an old fashioned bride with old fashioned values and do not want your groom to see you before you walk down the aisle, do not let anyone talk you into taking pictures before the wedding to avoid crappy weather.

Our brilliant idea of taking pictures before the wedding in order to avoid bad weather and have more time was destroyed by bad weather and we didn't get to take my dream pictures at the park like I planned. I am very tempted to get my bridesmaids together and go there on a nice day in the dresses we paid plenty for and take the shots we never got to get. Thank you Ohio. (I'm not bitter or anything). If we had just given ourselves time after the ceremony before the reception, we could have fit in the trip to the park.


Or, if the janitor at the church had unlocked the room at the church where our dresses were locked inside the night before, then the girls could have gotten dressed and made t to the park before the storm hit. My wonderful love of a friend tried to do this for me...


p.s. it didn't work. lol


This is why I stress to anyone who is wedding planning, to keep in mind that anything can go wrong on your wedding day. Have a rain plan, and a back up plan for that, just in case. When we went to look at the church before we decided to have our ceremony there, they had an outdoor gazebo that I was planning to take pictures in if it rained. When we arrived on our wedding day and were looking for places to take pictures around the church while it poured and stormed outside, we discovered the gazebo had been removed. Lovely, isn't it? Rain is not good luck, unless you want green grass. Ok, rant over for now. ;) Back to my past planning - I have to say, it feels sooo good to finally get all of the horrid, behind the scenes details off my chest. 

We did, however, manage to sneak in a few shots right before we entered the reception, as the sun was just starting to set. 





We had talked about having a candy table, but went with a popcorn table instead. If someone took a picture of that please post it on here or send it to me! (Oh the things I wish I would have gotten pictures of. Deep Sigh.)


This is your brain on Pinterest - and the way you hope your uplighting will look.

This is how my uplighting turned out. lol Not quite how I had imagined it. 
 On a much needed positive note, I was very much impressed with how our cake turned out!


The Pinterest Idea...
The real thing. Which I think turned out better. Compliments of  Ann's Cakes. 
 Ok, last one...

This was my favorite idea of the entrance to our reception hall. But those trees are a bit pricey, so I went with a much smaller one, along with some other personalized decor. 


Pinterest Tree


Owl Tree, I mean our tree. Ha. (I know, bad joke)











What do I want you to take away from all of this "real wedding day" tale? That your day is really happening for one reason. You know you have invited the right people to share this special day with you when they tell you that all that really matters are the vows. Only you know if any details go awry. Sure, your guests might judge some of your decor, but hey, we don't all have the same tastes. You can't please over 100 ppl. Don't try. Do what makes YOU happy. I mean, it's your day after all. This day is about a promise you will make to honor and treasure the love of your life, all the days of your life. Does it suck some things went wrong, well sure. BUT, I married my best friend, this amazing, awesome, patient, handsome, smart, genuine, supportive man that I will honor and cherish all the days of my life. The rain can fall, you can lock me away from my dress, but you can't take away the promise we made. Happy planning brides, and happy years ahead till death do you part.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave kind comments below! I prefer comments about the blog posts to be left on the blog instead of commenting on Facebook. Thank you!